I’m not going to sugar-coat it – days with Isabelle are hard. Not because she’s particularly difficult (she’s not) or unusual (she’s not. Well she is, but she’s not) or louder/grumpier/snottier than any other toddler… she’s really really not. She’s just a toddler. And as I approach the time when I can put her to bed and turn out the lights, I am already imagining the sofa, the blanket and my bum upon it and under it.
From about 5pm I am mustering every ounce of go go go I can. Make supper, have the supper battle (where Isabelle is really hungry but the overwhelming desire to practise her new found skill of asserting herself with a big fat “NO!” means that supper takes LOTS OF TIME…) Bath time, the towel battle, the nappy battle, story time (NO BATTLE!) and finally, bed. “Night night” she says. Often followed by “Toes!” because she can no longer see her feet.
I then crawl downstairs like a wounded soldier and collapse. It is at this time that if I owned a hot tub, I’d get in it. Or if I could book a massage at this time every night, I would. This is the time that’s just for me. It’s my moment. Being kind to myself, treating myself and having not an ounce of guilt about it. Because I bloody deserve it.
Massages and hot tubs are not realistic aspirations (have you SEEN how expensive nursery is?!) so I turn to other more affordable luxuries… and one of my favourites is the brand new heavenly Pati & Coco. You may have seen them on the shelves in Sainsbury’s, where they’ve recently launched, but if you haven’t, have no fear – allow me to introduce.
Pati & Coco is a completely divine new multi-layered and multi-textured chocolate dessert that combines the art of French patisserie (“pati”) with Belgian chocolate ganache (“coco”) and the result is pure and unadulterated indulgence. Just what the doctor ordered J
At the top of each Pati & Coco is a layer of tempered dark chocolate that makes a satisfying CRACK as my spoon breaks through to all the other scrummy layers below… “What layers??” I hear you cry. Well, once my spoon has cracked (gosh it’s so satisfying) through the signature top layer, I’m then met with patisserie folds of luscious ganache, delicate sheets of chocolate underneath before hitting the gorgeously crunchy biscuit layer at the bottom. *Sigh*
There are four flavours to choose from – ganache and chocolate, praline and chocolate, caramel and chocolate and pistachio and chocolate. Oh and they also come in a sweet little glass pot, which is the perfect size for a tealight or mini posy come the Summer months…
The ganache and chocolate flavour stole my heart from the get-go – everything stopped and I could feel myself unwind and relax as I slowly devoured it. It’s not a thing to be rushed, you see. It’s a pause in time and I relish every single invisible second.
It’s a moment of indulgence. A big beautiful decadent hug just for me when I need one the most…
…I can’t wait until Izzy goes to bed tonight.
p.s. There is very special Pati & Coco competition live over on my Instagram RIGHT NOW. Hop over there to enter – terms and conditions are below…
This post is sponsored by Pati & Coco
and all thoughts & opinions are my own.
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms and Conditions for the Poppy Loves London [“the Promoter”] Instagram fan giveaway Promotion (“the Promotion”)
1. By entering this Promotion, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions. Promotional materials relating to the Promotion, including all information on how to enter the Promotion, also form part of these terms and conditions. In the event of any conflict between any terms referred to in such Promotion materials and these terms and conditions, these terms and conditions take precedence.
2. The Promotion is open to UK residents only, aged 18 and over, with the exception of members of the immediate families or households of Poppy Loves London, and anyone otherwise connected with the operation or fulfilment of the Promotion.
3. Entry to this Promotion is without any obligation to buy Pati & Coco.
4. Internet access and a valid Instagram account is required.
5. The promoter reserves the right to require entrants to prove they are eligible to enter the Promotion. If a winner is found to be ineligible, the promoter reserves the right to award their prize to another participant and to require the return of any prize already awarded.
6. The Promotion starts at 8am UK time on 12.02.20 and all entries must be received no later than 23.59 UK time on the closing date of 18.02.20.
7. To enter the Promotion, entrants must tag up to ten friends who #crackedit this week in the comment section of the promotional post using the hashtag #crackedit.
8. Poppy Loves London will pick a winner and 3 runners up at random from the comments submitted. There will be one pamper hamper for the winner plus one hamper for the winner’s nominated friend, and 3 runners up get four packs of Pati & Coco, one of each flavour for them and their tagged friend.
9. Entry to the Promotion is free, no purchase is necessary.
10. The use of script, macro or any automated system to enter the Promotion is prohibited and entries made (or which appear to have been made) using any such system may be treated as void. Any illegible, incomplete or fraudulent entries will be rejected.
11. Entrants may only win one prize per person, irrespective of the number of entries submitted.
12. Entrants using multiple Instagram accounts will be disqualified.
13. There will be 1 main winner and 3 runners up.
14. The winner of the main prize will be the first name chosen at random and the winners of the runners up prize will be the next three names chosen at random, from all complete, eligible, properly submitted entries received before the end of the applicable closing date.
15. The winners will be notified no later than 20.02.20 by direct message from Poppy on Instagram.
16. The winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
17. The prizes will be sent to the winners by post to a postal address within the UK notified by the winners in advance.
18. If any social media messages to the winners are returned as undeliverable/ the winner refuses or is unable to provide an eligible postal address for receipt of their prize by 22.02.20, the promoter reserves the right to either conduct a further random draw or select an alternative winner to award their prize to another participant.
19. If the winner has not claimed their prize by the date specified in the notification of winning, the promoter reserves the right to conduct a further random draw or select an alternative winner.
20. Entrants that have not won the Prize will not receive notification that they have not won.
21. The main winner will win a pamper hamper which contains a £50 gift voucher for a blow dry or service at a RUSH hair salon (nationwide), 1 x new nail varnish, 1 x lipstick, 1 x bottle of fizz, 1 x bouquet of cut flowers, four packs of Pati & Coco (one of each flavour), tealights to use in your Pati & Coco pots once you’ve finished them. The 3 runners up will win four packs of Pati & Coco – one per flavour.
22. Please allow 10 working days from confirmation of address/email address for delivery of the Prize.
23. The winners are responsible for paying all associated costs that are not specifically stated in these terms and conditions.
24. Each winner is also responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and any VAT, national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in claiming or using the prize.
25. Each prize is as stated and is non-exchangeable and non-transferable and there is no cash or other alternative to the prize in whole or in part.
26. By participating in the Promotion, entrants agree that each prize is awarded on an “as is” basis, and that the promoter, makes any representations or warranties of any nature with respect to the prizes.
27. Any complaints or questions relating to the prize should be directed to the relevant brand of the product.
28. By entering the Promotion, entrants agree to have their Instagram account name featured in publicity materials relating to the Promotion without further reference, payment or other compensation. This includes making their name as a winner available on Instagram between 12.02.20 and 22.02.20.
29. Details of the winners will be available on request by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Pati & Coco Instagram giveaway, The Forge Communications, 1-3 Bury Street, Guildford, GU2 4AW within 3 months of the Promotion closing date.
30. Incomplete, illegible, misdirected, late or bulk entries will not be accepted. The promoter accepts no responsibility if entries are lost or not received or delayed.
31. In the event that, for reasons beyond the promoter’s reasonable control and not related to a winner, the promoter is unable to award a prize as described in these terms and conditions, the promoter reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value, or at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prize.
32. In the event of a printing or other error resulting in there being more winners than prizes for the Promotion, the promoter reserves the right at any time to allocate the available prize by selecting another winner, through a further draw or to divide the prize or the value of the prize between the winners of the Promotion.
33. Save where it has been negligent, the promoter will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from entrants’ entry into the Promotion or their acceptance and/or use of a prize, or for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit their ability to participate in the Promotion.
34. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall in any way limit the promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not as a matter of law be limited.
35. By entering the Promotion, you agree that any personal information provided by you with your entry may be held and used only by the Promoter or its agents and suppliers to administer the Promotion.
36. Although the Promotion may be featured on Instagram, this Promotion is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. By entering this Promotion, all entrants release Instagram from any liability arising out of this Promotion. Entrants are providing information to the promoter and not to Instagram. The information entrants provide will only be used for the purposes referred to in these terms and conditions.
37. The promoter reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Promotion in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Promotion is not capable of being conducted as specified within these terms and conditions or in the event of a virus, a computer bug or unauthorized human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of the promoter that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the Promotion.
38. Neither the promoter nor any of its affiliated companies are responsible for any condition, circumstances, losses, failures or delays caused by events beyond its or their control such as (but not limited to) the acts or defaults of any supplier selected by the promoter to provide the prize or otherwise that may cause the Promotion to be disrupted or corrupted, or that may lead to loss or damage of a prize in transit to a winner.
39. Any entrant who enters or attempts to enter the Promotion in a manner, which in the promoter’s reasonable determination is contrary to these terms and conditions or by its nature is unjust to other entrants (including without limitation tampering with the operation of the Promotion, cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or the promoter and/or any of its agents or representatives) may be rejected from the Promotion at the promoter’s sole discretion. Furthermore, where such actions have significantly impaired the Promotion, the promoter may, at its sole discretion, add further stages to the Promotion as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising as a result of such actions.
40. The brand owners of the prizes are not connected or otherwise associated with this Promotion and the provision of the prizes does not imply endorsement by the promoter of the prizes or any other third parties concerned in any way with the Promotion. Any complaints or queries relating to the use of the prize should be directed to the brand owners of the prizes.
41. The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
42. These terms and conditions are governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Promotion or these terms and conditions.
POPPY LOVES LONDON
Please do not send entries to this address.