Lemons are one of those gems that nature delivered to us, which few people actually REALLY know about when it comes to their health benefits, healing powers and all round amazingness. This post is an ode to the lemon and I’m going to share with you a few of the amazing benefits these zingy yellow chaps offer…
1. Lemons cure acne. Uh huh – lemons contain antibacterial properties that can kill off the mean acne bacteria, clear clogged pores and fight infection and inflammation. Boom.
2. Lemons are an excellent source of potassium – in fact there is more potassium in lemons than there is in grapes or apples. Who knew.
3. Lemons are packed to the hilt with nutrients, including vitamin C, B-complex vitamins, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, and fiber. It’s like a mahoosive multivitamin, but SO MUCH BETTER.
4. Drinking warm lemon water is a good way to show you love your liver, as lemons help to detoxify this very important bit of your bod. Lemons stimulate the production of bile, dissolve uric acid (bleurghh) and get rid of nasty toxins and poisons. Clever lemon.
5. Lemons kill off the bacteria that produce dandruff! Mazin! So massage it into your scalp with a bit of olive oil to keep dandruff at bay.
6. Warm lemon water is one of the most most effective ways to reduce viral infections and sore throats. The lemon juice also boosts your immune system, so you’ll also be fighting off the infection completely. Hurrah.
So there you have it – lemons should be in your fruit bowl, your medicine cabinet, your fridge, your shower and your wardrobe.
They’re total magic.. and the best bit? They are 100% natural.
Well done nature – you’ve done it again.