Thought you might make a cuppa and sling in a Tetley’s teabag Circa 2007 you found at the back of your cupboard? *Looks sheepish*
Stop right there and read on, for I (Poppy) have been on the hunt for the ultimate guide to the Perfect Cup of Tea… and I believe I may have found it.
Here is the go, according to the tea guru that is Fortnum and Mason…
1. Warm the teapot by rinsing it out with hot water.
2. Fill the kettle with fresh water from the tap. Water that has been boiled already will affect the taste of the tea.
3. Put into the teapot one rounded teaspoon (or caddy spoon) of tealeaves for each person and one extra spoonful ‘for the pot’.
4. Turn off the kettle (or remove it from the stove) just before the water boils and pour into the pot. It doesn’t need to be stirred.
5. Leave to infuse for three to five minutes, depending on taste. Serve, using a tea strainer.
And I thank you.
So what do you think? Do you do it differently?