A hoover is a hoover is a hoover.
My life has changed irrevocably, since Dyson came into my life. This happened just before Christmas and things just haven’t ever been quite the same since.
I am talking specifically about the Dyson DC39 Animal Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner. It had me at ‘Bagless. (And at ‘Animal’, if I’m honest.) I got it online here at Argos. (It currently has £100 off! The price at the time of writing this is £269.99)
You wouldn’t think that I would be merrily tapping away here telling you all to abandon your current vacuum cleaners in some kind of crazy Burn Your Bras manner, and go and get my amazing one instead… but I am. Do it. Your vacuum cleaner just cannot be as wondrous as mine. I’m certain. Mine’s amazing. Mine’s THE BEST. (I did not get marched out of Rounders practise when I was 7, for being too competitive. I did not.)
Here are my top reasons why I love it so, (and it’s not because it’s purple, although we should not ignore this fact. Purple is clearly the best. Cadbury. Bam.)
1. It is so, so light and easy to carry and manoeuvre. I used to have a Henry, whom I do miss as he smiled at me, but boy was he a heavy chap. This vacuum cleaner can be picked up and carried all over my flat without a groan or twinge.
2. Super Suction! I have long hair. So do both of my flatmates. This is one hairy flat. If I didn’t vacuum regularly, I’d probably be able to bag it all up and give Fontine a run for her money by flogging it on Portobello. This, actually, is not my chosen career path, so I choose to get rid of it. This Vacuum cleaner is a hair sucking miracle. Whoosh! It’s all gone.
(I now realise that it is called ‘Animal’, not because it looks cute and can play the drums like Animal in Sesame Street, but because it is excellent at sucking up dog and cat hair. This makes much more sense.)
3. It’s bagless. BAGLESS! It has no bag! This needs no further explanation. I love it. The filter is washable, so there are no additional costs after you’ve bought it (hurrah!) and dust capacity is 2 litres, so you won’t be emptying is every five minutes either.
4. The turbine head is controlled at the handle – this means that no bending down is required. This is not a huge plus point for me as I am lucky enough to be agile and (a bit) bendy, but for anyone for whom bending down is an issue, this vacuum cleaner is for you! There is also a Tangle-free turbine tool which is designed to remove pet hair and dirt from trickier and awkward places, like upholstery, stairs, or inside the car…
5. It’s quiet… shhhhh. I can’t get over how un-noisy it is. I remember my mum hoovering when I was little and it was as if an earthquake and an angry elephant were having an argument in the living room. My Dyson has been engineered for reduced noise levels and it really really works.
There are lots of other clever bits and pieces, which have made the whole vacuuming experience much more pleasurable; It has a long hose – 3.5m and it can stretch to 5m, it has a foot operated cord rewind, it has a central steering mechanism, so it’s easy to control, it makes coffee and their website states that Dyson cyclones remove more dirt than any other cyclone.
It doesn’t really make coffee.
So there you have it. New vacuum, new life. I am one happy, hair-free Poppy.
Well done Mr Dyson. Hats off.
This post was sponsored